Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finding a new stage

I'm at the point where my degree is about over, a couple exams left and I'm on blogger, perhaps not my best plan.  But I needed to let go for a bit so here I am, back for the first time in months!

All I can think about is how leaving the city after the last 3 years is going to go.  A new stage in my life is about to begin and I'm no closer to finding my way.  I'm still looking up and down the country at mechanical engineering jobs, not to mention youthwork jobs on the side.  But the more I look, the more it sinks in that in all likelihood I shall be leaving the city that has become my home.

Now I tell you that yes, I have asked God in prayer for the answer, I've asked many times.  I get the same answer;  That no matter where I choose to go, God has got something for me to work on.  For every mechanical engineering job I see a need for youth work in the area and a Boys' Brigade nearby where I see potential.  My friends say I am being taught patience, but the stress of a dwindling bank account and the thought of returning to my parents when a job doesn't come fills me with disappointment.

Then there is every Youth work opportunity that brings the need for extra qualifications and a paycheck far short of what i would receive in engineering.  But with each youthwork opportunity i see the space to return to mechanical engineering as a hobby, to rekindle a passion for which academia has removed in my recent years.  But I also see struggles, perhaps I fear failing my charges, but i suppose that is what I must face to move forward, even in engineering I see the job at hand very daunting, with new machines and complications.  Money is certainly not everything to me when I see a chance to help those who need it.


The facts are thus however, as of yet I have no offer for anything.  I have reached an impasse and only a true leap of faith will suffice if I am to continue on the proper path but perhaps I must choose the direction myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment