A game to test the communication and creativity of your group.
- Some chairs
- Anything that can safely be used as an obstacle for someone blindly stumbling.
- Split the group into 2 different rooms with an assortment of the above equipment in each.
- Let the groups create a course of obstacles that can be followed by a blindfolded person member Roughly 6 obstacles should be enough to be entertaining but not take too long.
- Get the groups to test it to prove that it's possible,
- Send one member at a time to the opposite room blindfolding them before entrance.
- On first entry the team who've built the course instruct the member around the course to completion.
- Then the member who has just completed the course instructs the next participant / victim!
It can be a good time to talk about what it's like to be blind or have disabilities. Get the group to consider things that help blind people. For instance the floors around road crossings with lumps or stripes to alert blind people. At the same crossings, the crossing sounds etc. Even the lumps on keyboards and remote controls to allow for you to feel which button you're pressing.